The City of Robbinsdale Water Efficiency Rebate Program is now accepting applications.
To encourage water conservation, the program is funded, in part, by a grant from the Metropolitan Council to establish a program to reduce municipal water use in both residential and commercial properties within the city.
The program offers rebates to residential and commercial property owners who complete water efficiency improvement projects.
Rebates will be given for replacing existing inefficient toilets and washing machines with WaterSense® certified toilets and Energy Star® certified washing machines.
Rebate items must be installed within the City of Robbinsdale. All property owners who are customers of the municipal water supply could be eligible.
Rebates are available for 75% of the cost of the item, up to a maximum of:
- $100 for WaterSense - labeled Toilets
- $100 for Energy Star - labeled Washing Machines
Apply for a rebate
Rebate funds are limited and will be issued to qualified applicants on a first-come, first-served basis until June 30, 2022 or until funds are exhausted, whichever comes first. Devices must have been purchased after April 1, 2020 to qualify for a rebate.
- New construction and new developments are not eligible.
- Submit applications within 90 days of purchase with photo evidence of installation.
- Receipt of purchase must be submitted with application.
- Processing typically takes 60-90 days to complete. The rebate will be applied to the customer’s City of Robbinsdale utility bill.
- Payment will be issued upon successful submission of the application form.
- Rebate payments are only for equipment costs – labor charges do not qualify.
For questions about the program and to submit a rebate application, email John Tingley, Assistant to City Manager at email@example.com or call 763-531-1253.