Update 3/23: At this time, garbage and recycling services by Waste Management are still operating on scheduled days. PLEASE NOTE - your garbage or recycling might be picked up earlier on your pickup day than is normally the case. Please make sure to have your garbage and recycling bins ready for pick up by 6:00 a.m. or the night before the day of your scheduled pickup. Waste management will be doing our city pick up with additional trucks and 1 person per truck (normally there are 2; one driving and one hooking up the carts to the truck.)
Residential curb-side recycling is part of our solid waste service. Recycling is collected every other week on the same day as garbage service. For missed recycling pick-up, please call Waste Management within 24 hours at 952-890-1100. For on-going service issues or to replace a broken container, contact City Hall 763-531-1211.
- Recycling Program Information
- WM's Poster on Recyclables
- Waste Management Most Common Contaminants
- Calendar: 2020 Recycling Holiday Schedule
Other helpful information on recycling:
- Battery Recycling Information - City Hall is no longer a drop off location for batteries.
- Drop off site for Electronics- Location and hours lower right on the link
- Green Disposal Guide
- Recycle Often/Recycle Right (Waste Management Site for Recycling information)
- Sign up to receive Hennepin County "Green Notes"
- Wheels for Wishes- donations of old cars for recycling
- Vehicles for Vets MN - nonprofit car donation program
Optional program for apartment buildings: Recycling Information for Apartment Managers
For a ton of great recycling information, go to http://recycleoftenrecycleright.com.