To register: ONLINE REGISTRATION 55+ Program Video
Make sure to check out the Adults Programs page for additional programming
Special Interests and Trips
April, May, June, July & August dates have been canceled. Check back later for Fall details.
Join us for book club from 1-2:30 p.m. Meet at Robbinsdale City Hall, 4100 Lakeview Ave N, Sixth Corner Room. Books are listed below or click on the hyperlink to view a printable flyer.
Fall books coming soon....
For more information or to register call 763-531-1272
1. Check out books from a library or purchase from a bookstore.
2. Participants are encouraged to attend all discussions but are free to attend when their schedule permits or only those books that are of interest.
3. Read the book and come with 2-3 points you’d like to discuss. Examples: clarification, points of interest, agree - disagree, characters, values, dilemmas, issues, significant, emotions, feelings-thoughts about the book, author’s style, characters, etc.
4. If you do not read the books consider coming to the group anyway; you may like to listen to the discussion. However, please don’t expect the book to be summarized.
5. Express thoughts with your personal point of view. Expect and enjoy differences of opinion.
6. Encourage others to speak their thoughts about the book.
7. Everyone is encouraged to take a turn as book co-leader and/or host/hostess (book-leadership is not a requirement to join the discussion group.)
8. Make a donation to the refreshment kitty.
Join us for a day at the beautiful Arboretum in Chaska. Includes a narrated tram tour. A Boxed lunch will be provided.
Bus Pick Up/Drop off: Robbinsdale City Hall.
When: Wednesday, June 24, 9 am-2:30 pm
Activity #221105 (click to register)
Canceled Until Further Notice
The purpose of Roving Minds is to explore and discuss subjects of interest to the group, to enjoy learning together, and to take what they have learned back to the community. Refreshments provided. The theme for Roving Minds is based on Historical Places. During the first meeting in September, the specific topics and discussion leaders for each date will be determined.
- Express thoughts from your personal view only.
- Everyone is encouraged to share thoughts and opinions about the subject.
- Respect those who wish to just listen to the discussion.
- Encourage others to share their thoughts.
- Differences of opinion are accepted respectfully.
- Help keep the discussion geared to the subject.
- Avoid starting a side conversation with someone next to you.
- Let everyone have a chance to be heard.
- Keep an open mind, and enjoy learning from each other.
- Cultivate and share your sense of humor.
Location: the Minnesota Room in the Crystal Community Center, 4800 Douglas Drive, Crystal. Become a member or welcome to come a time or two just to see what Roving Minds do!
Third Tuesday each month from September 2019-May 2020 (Sept. 17; Oct. 15; Nov. 19; Dec. 17; Jan. 21; Feb. 18; Mar. 17; Apr. 21 & May 19)
Time: 1:00-3:00 pm
Cost: $10/year or $2.00/time
Call 763-531-1272 for more information or to registerRoving Minds Flyer
Fitness, Exercise & Sports
Canceled Until Further Notice
Come join us on Friday mornings at the Robbinsdale Police and Fire Building Community Room to see how much fun we’re having! Nancy Stoneberg, Certified Personal Trainer and owner of StoneFitness has dedicated much of her time in training and educating 55+ and helping them realize that it’s never too late to make a positive difference in strength, balance and overall wellness. These classes are for all levels and abilities…. Nancy’s motto is “YES, YOU CAN!” Who: Adults
Fridays from 9:00–9:45 am (ongoing, will not meet on major holidays) in the Community Room located at the Robbinsdale Police & Fire Building; 4101 Hubbard Ave N
Fee: $30 for 5 class punch pass
Start at Cedar Lake and paddle to Lake of the Isles and Lake Calhoun. Have a box lunch before paddling back. Instruction and guide are provided by Active Solutions. Open to all abilities ages 55+. Must be under 6'2" and 225 pounds.
Tuesday, August 4 from 11:15-1:30 pm at Cedar Lake Point Beach
Activity #230701 (click to register)
The purpose of this classical martial art of Korean and Chinese origin is to develop confidence through the integration of intellect, body, emotion and spirit. Unsurpassed in kicking techniques, this program will improve balance, flexibility and fitness with valuable self defense techniques.
Youth and Adults, practicing social distancing, come learn and/or improve your martial arts skills. Class size is limited to current social distancing guidelines. Additional session will be added if there is enough interest. All participants must wear a mask to class. No spectators allowed in the room due to current safety guidelines. Will meet outside when weather permits.
When: Mondays and Wednesdays, 6-7 pm
Ses 2: August 3-31
Where: Crystal Community Center
Activity #210607 (click to register)
If you are interested in receiving a copy of the bi-monthly Newsletter with information about programs and activities for adults ages 55 and older there is a $5/year subscription fee or download a copy by clicking below titles. To sign up, please call 763-531-1278.
Here are the latest issues of the Newsletter.
Join the Senior Commission!
The Senior Commission is an advisory commission to the City Council on matters relating to the status and needs of seniors, age 55 and over, in the city and ways in which the needs of seniors may be met. Currently the Commission meets at 1:30 pm on the First Monday of the January, February, March, April, May, June, October, November and December. Commission members are actively promoting both pedestrian and bicycle safety, helped create an emergency medical form and have researched older adult recreational programs.
If interested in membership, you can download the application from the City’s website: http://www.ci.robbinsdale.mn.us/city-government/city-commissions or call Recreation Services, 763-531-1278.
Want to get updates on these programs and other City events and information?
Sign up for e-Subscribe.
Question on whether a program is meeting due to weather conditions? Please call 763-531-1276 for updates. The message gets updated on an as needed basis. For evening programs, the line is updated by 4 pm.
Gym & Fitness Center Schedule-Closed Until Further Notice
Program Registration Form Registration form has information on how to register in person or by mail.
Current Recreation Brochure Programs will continue to be updated throughout the season & may not be listed on the brochure.