COVID-19 Service Changes:Schedule Passport Appointment
We are now processing U.S. Passport Applications by appointment only until further notice. Appointments are available Monday through Friday (Saturday appointments have been temporarily suspended). Passport Photo services are still available.
Please schedule an appointment by selecting the button above or by calling us at (763) 531-1293
Passport & Passport Photo Service Information
Drop-in services are provided Monday through Friday, but sufficient time is needed for processing applications and will only be accepted at the counter between 8-3:30 pm Monday-Friday. (If you take a number and are not called back to the counter for passport processing by 3:30 pm weekdays, you will have to come back another day.)
We process new passport applications including photo services. Most passport renewals are processed by mail, though we are happy to assist with your passport photo.
Payment for Passport Applications MUST be personal check or postal money-order made out to US Dept. of State.
Payment for Passport Photos ($15) and the Passport Agent Fee ($35) can be made by cash, check (payable to City of Robbinsdale), or *credit card
*A convenience fee of 2.49% of your total purchase will be applied to all card transactions (this fee is charged by the credit card service provider; Robbinsdale DMV does not receive any of these fees.)
The following is needed to apply for a passport:
- Proof of Citizenship*
- Proof of Identity*
- Recent photo (we can take them for you for $15)
- Required fee paid by personal check or postal money order to the U.S. Department of State.
- For minors, two parents (both with valid Minnesota driver's licenses) must accompany the minor throughout the application process. There are some special exceptions for parents who are divorced. There are additional steps required if a parent does not have a driver's license from Minnesota.
all of the following are true. Your passport:
- is undamaged and can be submitted with your application
- was issued when you were age 16 or older
- was issued within the last 15 years
- was issued in the exact same name as your previous passport or you can legally document your name change with original or certified copy of your marriage certificate or the government-issued document evidencing your legal name change under federal or state law
Our offices are located in City Hall at 4100 Lakeview Ave N. and are open for drop-in customers Monday through Friday 8:00 am.-4:00 p.m.
If you have questions about our services, call 763-535-8133 during business hours.