Robbinsdale Deputy Registrars Office has opened its car tab express line. All other Deputy Registrar services are open by appointment-only. To make an appointment, click here.  Robbinsdale City Hall is open to the public, however residents are encouraged to utilize city services by phone, email and drop-off. Car tabs and title transfers can be dropped off in the drop-box for processing with either a check or money order.

DMV- Vehicle/Hunting/Passport

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

COVID-19 Service Changes:

Schedule Appointment

We are strongly encouraging all transactions that are able to be submitted through our outside drop box or mail to continue to do so. For more information on our mail in and drop box service, please visit our No-Contact Service Options page.

The Robbinsdale License Center is open for face-to-face service. We are processing Tab Renewals via our Express Line. All other Transactions are by appointment only.

Please Schedule an appointment by selecting the button above, by visiting our Appointments Page or by calling us at (763) 535-8133


Looking for Passport Information?

Deputy Registrar / Motor Vehicle

The Deputy Registrar-Motor Vehicle office provides motor vehicle license plates and tabs, title transfers, hunting and fishing licenses, registration for boats, snowmobiles, ATVs, and passport services. DMV and DNR service payment can be made by cash, check, or credit card (a 2.49% service fee is added for credit card payment.) Passport payment information is on the passport page.

Driver's License/State ID Cards
We can process replacement driver's license or state ID card requests (if you moved or lost your license or state ID card). We cannot process those which require vision tests or state ID photo such as for renewals due to expiration.

Please note, we do not process renewals nor upgrades to REAL ID or Enhanced Drivers Licenses at our office.

Motor Vehicle: License Plates, Tabs, Title Transfers* - temporary handicap parking permits 

We have standard license plates, Critical Habitat plates, Support Our Troop plates on hand.  We can also help you order specialty plates including Firefighter plates, Collegiate plates, Collector Plates and Handicapped plates and we can handle vanity plate requests.

Be sure to bring in identification, drivers license or state ID, so we are able to bring up your motor vehicle record and verify that you are the owner.

If you have a doctor's certificate for temporary disability parking we also have the visor hangers available at our office.

Hunting and Fishing Licenses

In addition to standard hunting and fishing licenses you can also get Cross Country Ski passes, Dark House, and a variety of stamps (pheasant, trout, waterfowl).  We can sell some licenses to non-Minnesota residents.


Our offices are located in City Hall at 4100 Lakeview Ave N. and are open Monday through Friday 8:00 am.- 4:00 p.m.

If you have questions about our services, call 763-535-8133 during business hours.

Drop Box Service
Use the Drop Box outside of City Hall to drop off your vehicle license renewals and we'll get it ready for pick up the next day - or we can mail it to you. Write your phone number on the envelope in case we have questions. Please note that insurance information must be provided with your renewal when using the Drop Box.


Follow us on Facebook to receive updates or ask questions about the Robbinsdale DMV! 


Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer