Robbinsdale City Hall and Deputy Registrars Office are closed to the public. We are here during normal hours for phone, email and drop-off business. For City Information, please call Robbinsdale City Hall at 763-537-4534. To learn more about the impact COVID-19 is having on City Hall services, click the previous link or go to to Governor Walz's Stay-at-Home order, Robbinsdale Deputy Registrars office will be closed through at least April 12th.

Car Tabs can be dropped off in the drop-box for processing. We can only accept checks or money orders. No cash. 

The Robbinsdale Community Gyms and Fitness Center are closed through at least May 4th. Recreation programs are cancelled through at least April 30th. Call 763-531-1276 to hear Recreation programming updates.

Building Permits-Inspections

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

To Schedule an inspection for construction related permits: #763-531-1268

Due to a high volume of inspections, please make sure to schedule your appointment a few days in advance.  

Robbinsdale does NOT schedule same day inspections.



As of Friday, MARCH 6, 2020, at 12:01am the City of Robbinsdale will begin its Spring Road Load Restriction.  Which means, dumpsters, containers and/or PODS will not be allowed to be dropped off or picked up unless they are within the load limits and NO DUMPSTERS or CONTAINERS are allow to be placed on the streets AT ALL.


Robbinsdale City Hall is closed to the public.  

 At this time we are asking that ALL permit applications be submitted via email or US Postal Service until further notice.   Inspections will take place in order to keep projects moving for Commercial, New Construction and Remodel Projects. 

All other residential or FINAL inspections will take place AFTER the first of the month at this time.  

 Please call #763-531-1268 for information regarding Permit Submissions or questions.




LISTS OF LICENSED CONTRACTORS  These are lists of Licensed Plumbers, Mechanical Contractors, Tree Contractors, Water/Sewer Contractors and more.


"HOW-TO"   FLYERS AND LINKS  Here you will find additional information and handouts on Additions, Accessory Buildings/Garages, Decks, Fencing, Egress Windows, and more.  

    Property Information Request Form: Click here      


    Please Note:  If your project requires a Dumpster/Container, OR if you are placing a POD at the property, a permit is REQUIRED regardless of the items collected, the length of time it is needed and where the container is placed.

    The City of Robbinsdale Building/Engineering Department is responsible for the administration of the State of MN Building Code which comprises the International Building &/or Residential Code.

    Permits are required for most types of residential or commercial construction (new or alteration), remodeling, home improvements, plumbing and/or mechanical work being done to ensure that the project meets minimum standards to safeguard life, limb, health, property and public safety/welfare by the City of Robbinsdale.  A building Plan Review may be required depending on the scope of work.

    The usual process for obtaining a permit is to complete an application and submit the proper documents to the Building/Engineering Department for review.  This process can take 1-10 days depending of the scope of work.

    For additional information, please review the "HOW TO" flyers in the link above.  There is a substantial amount of helpful information for specific projects.


    All Plumbing, Mechanical, Tree Services, Sign Services & Water/Sewer Contractors must be licensed with the City of Robbinsdale in order to pull permits and perform services within the city.  General Contractors must be city licensed when working on commercial property and be state licensed to work on residential properties.  Click on the Contractors License Application Form above.  For more information on licensing, please contact #763-531-1268


    We recommend that you involve the Building/Engineering Department in the initial planning of your project to avoid unnecessary problems along the way.  If you are unsure of whom to contact first, what steps to take or whether not a permit is required, please contact #763-531-1268 to speak with the Building Official or a City Engineer. 

    Call or visit Monday through Friday, during the times listed below (no holidays):

    • 8 to 8:45am
    • 12:30pm to 1:30pm
    • 4:00pm to 4:30pm

    Please Note:  If your project requires a Dumpster/Container, a permit is REQUIRED regardless of the items collected, the length of time it is needed and where the container is placed. 

    Do NOT apply for permits for your contractor.  When the contractor signs the permit application, the contractor is agreeing to do the work according to code.  If you sign a permit application, you are liable for correcting the contractor’s work if it should fall short of City or State building code standards.  Make sure your contractor is applying for the permit and is calling for the required inspection.  Inspection cards are issued with most all permits and need to be displayed near the work area.

    If you are approved to conduct the work as the property owner, a “Property Owner’s Affidavit” is required to be signed and submitted along with the permit application.

    Permit Fees:  Fees and surcharges are listed on each individual permit application.

    Permit Applications & Plan Reviews can be submitted to or faxed to #763-531-1200 or submitted to the Building/Engineering Department directly at City Hall.

    To schedule permit inspections, please call #763-531-1268.  Please have your permit number available.



    Electrical Inspections/Permits are through the MN Board of Electricity. For information and questions please contact the Electrical Inspector Stephen Tokle.




    Before Digging Call Gopher One (811)