Local Election and Voter Information
Robbinsdale elections for Mayor and City Council are held in even years. The city is divided into 4 wards as shown on this map. In 2020 the seats for Mayor, Council Member Ward 1 and Council Member Ward 2 are open. Each council member serves a four-year term.
Key Presidential Nomination Primary Dates
January 17 - March 2 -- Absentee Voting at City Hall
February 25 - March 2 -- Voters insert ballot directly into a ballot counter at City Hall
February 11 -- Voter Pre-registration
March 3 -- Presidential Nomination Primary
Register, update, or check your registration status online at - www.sos.state.mn.us/elections-voting/register-to-vote
For more information on the general election candidates on state races, sample ballots, where to vote, etc. please visit the Secretary of State page.
Ward 1: Redeemer Evangelical Lutheran Church - 4201 Regent Avenue North (click to view map).
Ward 2: Olivet United Methodist Church - 3620 43rd Avenue North (click to view map).
Ward 3: Elim Lutheran Church - 3978 West Broadway (click to view map).
Ward 4: North Memorial Health Training Center - 3500 France Avenue North
Any qualified registered voter of the City is entitled to vote at said election and any resident of the City not previously registered as a voter may register on Election Day. Click here for additional information on poll locations.
The City of Robbinsdale is currently accepting applications for election judges. For more information and an application, contact Kate Croteau at 763-531-1252 or KCroteau@ci.robbinsdale.mn.us.
Election Judge Eligibility
To be eligible to be an election judge, you must meet all of the following state requirements:
- Be eligible to vote (U.S. citizen, 18 years of age or older, maintain residence in Minnesota for 20 days immediately preceding the election)
- Be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must not be a candidate on the ballot or the spouse, parent, child, stepchild, sibling, or step-sibling of a candidate at that election
- Must not be domiciled, either permanently or temporarily, with any candidate on the ballot at that election
- Must not be a spouse, parent, child, step-child, sibling, or step-sibling of any election judge serving in the same precinct