Responsible for managing Robbinsdale’s forest resource, the Forestry Department determines the needs of City-owned trees (those growing on street rights-of-way, in parks, and on other City-owned property), then scheduling and overseeing that work. Reforestation, providing advisory assistance to citizens, reviewing new development landscape plans, and enforcing landscape-related City Code are also handled by the department.
- Robbinsdale Public Tree Inventory
- Arbor Day Celebration
- Forestry Timely Topics
- Tree Pruning/Removal
- If you suspect that a tree is in contact with an energized wire, stay clear of it and contact Xcel Energy immediately at 1-800-895-4999.
- Pruning Oaks
- Recommended Shade Trees for Robbinsdale Private Landscapes
- City-Owned Right-of-Way Tree Planting Permit
- Public Right of Way Tree Planting
- 2019 Public Fall Tree Availability Matrix
- Tree Disease Management
- Treatment of Public Ash Trees
- Storm Damage and tree debris pick up (yard waste)
- Whose Tree Is It?
- City Licensed Tree Contractors
- Tree Contractor License Application
You may perform tree care operations (including tree pruning and removing) yourself, or you may choose a private tree care company that is licensed by the City of Robbinsdale. Tips on choosing an arborist.
Below are links packed with information about the Emerald Ash Borer:
Best Management Practices for Known Emerald Ash Borer Infested Areas:
Homeowner Guide to Insecticide Selection, Use, and Environmental Protection for EAB:
Minnesota Department of Agriculture Emerald Ash Borer Program:
Emerald Ash Borer Status in Minnesota (Map):
Learn More about Forestry Topics