On November 30, 2016 Hy-Vee and Inland Development Partners purchased the Terrace Mall property from Brixmor.
Hy-Vee owns the portion of the property north of 35th Avenue N. (the one-way road separating Danita from the rest of the mall.). North Memorial continues to own the Humphrey Cancer Center. Inland Development Partners own the commercial area including Danita Dialysis and office space on the south side of 35th Ave N.
- Inland will be renovating offices spaces which will house some of the North Memorial operations which are currently across the one-way street in the part of the mall which will be demolished for the Hy-Vee store.
- Panda Restaurant and Rainbow Clothing and new owners will be working through lease termination.
- Hy-Vee has made revisions to the parking/sidewalk/drive-thru/convenience store-gas station site plans to respond to city and county requirements. The City Council will review the new site plans for conformance with the conditional use permit as well as landscaping plans in early 2017.
- Hy-Vee is working on its exterior and interior building plans. These plans will be part of the Development Agreement with the Robbinsdale Economic Development Authority. The Development Agreement also covers requirements of a privately financed loan which can be repaid from a portion of the higher site property taxes (see other page on TIF - tax increment financing.)
- The City of Robbinsdale will be looking at the option of relocating the Robbinsdale Wine &Spirits municipal liquor store to a part of the Hy-Vee commercial building on the north side of the Hy-Vee grocery (part of the building footprint.)
- The City Council will need to approve demolition of the mall building north of 35th Ave N after the tenants have moved.