Robbinsdale's Deputy Registrar - Motor Vehicle Office
Passport & Passport Photo Services
Drop-in services are provided Monday through Friday, but sufficient time is needed for processing applications and will only be accepted at the counter between 8-3:30 pm Monday-Friday. (If you take a number and are not called back to the counter for passport processing by 3:30 pm weekdays, you will have to come back another day.) Saturdays are now By Appointment Only
We process new passport applications including photo services. Most passport renewals are processed by mail, though we are happy to assist with your passport photo.
Payment for Passport Applications MUST be personal check or postal money-order made out to US Dept. of State.
Payment for Passport Photos ($15) and the Passport Agent Fee ($35) can be made by cash, check (payable to City of Robbinsdale), or *credit card (American Express Credit Card is not accepted.)
*A convenience fee of 2.45% of your total purchase will be applied to all card transactions (this fee is charged by the credit card service provider; Robbinsdale DMV does not receive any of these fees.)
Federal increase in Passport Acceptance Fees effective April 2, 2018. Notice - Passport Acceptance Fee Increase April 2018 to $35.
Saturday Passport Applications By Appointment Only
You can schedule a Saturday appointment for passport applications by calling 763-535-8133, and then press 1, then press 3. The office is open the first 2 Saturdays each month (closed some holiday weekends) from 9-noon. We start the last passport application review at 11:30 a.m. to allow for time to complete the passport processes. If you do not have an appointment on Saturday, do not expect service. Passports on Saturdays are scheduled in advance and applications will only be accepted if you have an appointment.
The following is needed to apply for a passport:
- Proof of Citizenship*
- Proof of Identity*
- Recent photo (we can take them for you for $15)
- Required fee paid by personal check or postal money order to the U.S. Department of State.
- For minors, two parents (both with valid Minnesota driver's licenses) must accompany the minor throughout the application process. There are some special exceptions for parents who are divorced. There are additional steps required if a parent does not have a driver's license from Minnesota.
all of the following are true. Your passport:
- is undamaged and can be submitted with your application
- was issued when you were age 16 or older
- was issued within the last 15 years
- was issued in the exact same name as your previous passport or you can legally document your name change with original or certified copy of your marriage certificate or the government-issued document evidencing your legal name change under federal or state law
Our offices are located in City Hall at 4100 Lakeview Ave N. and are open for drop-in customers Monday through Friday 8:00 am.-4:00 p.m. We start the last passport application review at 3:30 p.m..
Saturday appointments are By Appointment Only! Information on scheduling Saturday appointments is at the top of the page.
If you have questions about our services, call 763-535-8133 during business hours.