Organics are a resource, not a waste!
The organics recycling cycle:
1) You separate your food waste and other compostable items into an organics container in your home.
2) You put your organics, bagged in certified compostable bags or paper bags, into your organics recycling cart.
3) Your hauler picks up your organics recycling and brings it to a commercial composting facility, where the materials are recycling into nutrient-rich compost.
4) Compost is used in gardens and at farms to add nutrients to the soil to help plants grow!
What is accepted?
- Fruits and vegetables
- Napkins, paper towels,
- Compostable paper
*Look for the term
Other compostable household items
- Coffee grounds and filters