The major areas of service provided by the Department include:
- 2030 Comprehensive Plan
- 2040 Comprehensive Plan
- Housing Programs and Development
- EDA (Redevelopment Opportunities)
- Flood Plain Information
- Rental Licensing
- Nuisance Code Enforcement - tall grass, garbage, similar
The Zoning Ordinance sets standards for the development of individual lots and the use of individual buildings and land within each district. more about zoning
- Rezoning Request
- Subdivision (Lot Split)
- Subdivision (Plats)
- Subdivision (Variance or Appeal)
- Vacations - Street, Alley, Utility
- Zoning Text Amendment
- Zoning Variance Request
The current Comprehensive Plan contains the official policies for growth, redevelopment and infrastructure improvements to guide land use decisions, development requests and public investments based upon projections to the year 2030.
Other Planning Documents
- Comprehensive Plan Amendment
- Conditional Use Permit
- Conditional Use Permit Amendment
- NUP Non Conforming Use Permit
The City of Robbinsdale participates in several housing programs funded by other agencies. Read more here.
Metropolitan Council- The Metropolitan Council administers Section 8 applications for the City of Robbinsdale.
- Section 8 - Rental assistance, at 651-602-1625.
Down payment Assistance - Citizens Independent Bank - click for flyer
Low-Interest Home Improvement and Commercial Loans and Programs from CEE
The Center for Energy and Environment, CEE, a local non-profit organization, administers home improvement and commercial loans across the State of Minnesota.
If your property abuts a lake, creek or other water body, and you are contemplating a new structure, remodeling with expansion, deck or even a fence, please contact the Community Development Coordinator at 763-531-1266 to see if your project might be in the flood plain.
General Information is available at:
- FEMA Information Resource Library http://www.fema.gov/resource-document-library
- FEMA Publications: FEMA Distribution Center at 1-800-480-2520
- NFIP info: www.fema.gov/business/nfip or 1-800-427-4661
Robbinsdale flood plain information